Demonstrate the awareness, attitude, knowledge, and skills required to equitably engage and include people from different local and global cultures.
- Solicit and use feedback from multiple cultural perspectives to make inclusive and equity-minded decisions.
- Actively contribute to inclusive and equitable practices that influence individual and systemic change.
- Seek global cross-cultural interactions and experiences that enhance one’s understanding of people from different demographic groups and that leads to personal growth.
- Identify resources and eliminate barriers resulting from individual and systemic racism, inequities, and biases.
- Demonstrate flexibility by adapting to diverse environments.
- Awareness of otherness (gender, race, religion, age, disabilities, nationality, lifestyle, etc.)
- Community change
- Civic responsibility
- Curiosity about local, regional, national, and global current events
- Cross-cultural competence (ability to discern and account for one’s own and other’s world views)
Action-words that describe this skill