Proactively develop oneself and one’s career through continual personal and professional learning, awareness of one’s strengths and weaknesses, navigation of career opportunities, and networking to build relationships inside and outside one’s organization.
- Show an awareness of own strengths and areas for development.
- Identify areas for continued growth while pursuing and applying feedback.
- Develop plans and goals for one’s future career.
- Professionally advocate for oneself and others.
- Display curiosity, seek out opportunities to learn.
- Assume duties or positions that will help on progress professionally.
- Establish, maintain, and/or leverage relationships with people who can help one professionally.
- Seek and take advantage of development opportunities.
- Voluntarily participate in further education, training, or other events to support one’s career.
- Sense of humor
- Positive competitiveness
- Personal work ethic
- Innovation and creativity
- Stress management
- Dealing with failure
Action-words that describe this skill