Knowing work environments differ greatly understand and demonstrate effective work habits, and act in the interest of the larger community and workplace.
- Act equitably with integrity and accountability to self, others, and the organization.
- Maintain a positive personal brand in alignment with organization and personal career values.
- Be present and prepared.
- Demonstrate dependability (e.g., report consistently for work or meetings).
- Prioritize and complete tasks to accomplish organizational goals.
- Consistently meet or exceed goals and expectations.
- Have an attention to detail, resulting in few if any errors in their work.
- Show a high level of dedication toward doing a good job.
- Personal branding
- Business etiquette
- Professional dress
- Professional resume
- Professional job search correspondence
- Professional references
- Interviewing techniques
- Social media presence
- Salary negotiation and understanding salary packages
- Transition from backpack to briefcase–first year of work
- Understanding workplace politics
- Seeking mentors
Action-words that describe this skill