Identify and respond to needs based upon an understanding of situational context and logical analysis of relevant information.
- Make decisions and solve problems using sound, inclusive reasoning, and judgement.
- Gather and analyze information from a diverse set of sources and individuals to fully understand a problem.
- Proactively anticipate needs and prioritize action steps.
- Accurately summarize and interpret data with an awareness of personal biases that may impact outcomes.
- Effectively communicate actions and rationale, recognizing the diverse perspectives and lived experiences of stakeholders.
- Multi-task well in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Goal setting
- Decision making
- Communicating meaning; not just data
- Understanding qualitative data
- Understanding quantitative data
- Strategic planning
- Reading comprehension
Action-words that describe this skill
- Humanities, HUMN 101, 102, 201, 202
- All upper-level academic courses
- Participating in student organizations
- Pursuing internships, undergraduate research, on/off campus employment, service projects, capstone projects, and portfolio development