Milligan is committed to keeping college affordable for our students. We’ll work with you individually every step of the way to help investigate all the options available for financing your education. We offer a full complement of need-based and merit-based scholarships, grants, and low-interest loans from federal, state, and institutional sources. We also have a variety of payment plans that make budgeting easier for you and your family.
Value – Get more for your money at Milligan
There are many college choices, and on the surface, many may look a lot like Milligan, but few can claim and prove our outcomes with exceptional academic quality, student satisfaction, and graduate success. When you consider that Milligan students spend less and borrow less than most college students, you can see what a tremendous value a Milligan education is.
- Milligan’s total cost is $6,500 below the national average for private colleges
- Milligan’s net cost is $1,600 below that of other local private colleges in Northeast TN/VA
- The average Milligan loan debt at graduation last year was $4,000 below the national average
- Fewer Milligan students borrow federal loans, AND they borrow less per year, even less than those attending local state schools
- 98% of Milligan students receive merit-based and/or need-based financial assistance. In many cases, the assistance is substantial.
- Read more about Milligan’s value »
Tuition actually covers only a portion of the true cost of education at Milligan. Each year thousands of alumni, friends, and even our own faculty and staff “stand in the gap” to make up the difference between student tuition and the actual cost of attendance for our students. These gifts help the college hold tuition increases to a minimum while building scholarship funding, enhancing academic excellence, adding new programs, and making significant campus improvements. Without this support, the cost of attending Milligan College would be significantly higher.