Finish Your Business Degree
Milligan’s business administration major for working professionals is an affordable degree that is recognized and respected in the business community. And we have a program to fit your schedule. Designed for adults who have completed about two year’s of college and at least two years of full-time work experience, Milligan can help put you on the fast track to own your own business, oversee a department, move up the corporate ladder, or change your career path altogether. Whatever your goals, Milligan will help prepare you as a Christian leader in the workplace to change lives and shape culture.
An Affordable Difference
- 16 months of class time to complete the program = keep your dreams
- One night per week + some online = keep your job
- Tuition is lower than state university = keep your money
- Get a free Personalized Degree Plan = keep your credit
- Parking, bookstore, library, computer resources available in the evening = keep your sanity
- Be part of a cohort group going through the program together = keep a support system
- Flex Track options at Milligan campus near Johnson City OR Kingsport Academic Village = keep it close
- Quality curriculum, nationally respected college, caring faculty = keep your reputation
Curriculum & Options
The business administration major leading to the Bachelor of Science degree consists of 48 semester hours. Completing the major takes approximately 16 months. Completion of the degree is dependent upon the outstanding degree requirements. Two concentration options within the major are available:
- MANAGEMENT (offered at the Milligan campus near Johnson City) prepares students for a broad range of business and management careers. The curriculum includes courses in leadership, economics, accounting, business statistics, corporate finance, marketing, management, operations management, human resource management, business ethics, business law, international business, and business strategy. View course descriptions here.
- OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (offered at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education) prepares students for successful careers in operational management or administration. The curriculum includes courses in operations and supply chain management, logistics, accounting, finance, business statistics, economics, marketing, and business strategy. View course descriptions here.
Start Dates & Flex-Track Options
Start in August or February.
- AUGUST — If you want to take classes primarily on the Milligan campus near Johnson City, start in August. All courses for the general Management concentration offered at Milligan. If you select the Operations Management concentration, your two concentration classes will meet in Kingsport; all other courses at Milligan. See course calendars linked to the right.
- FEBRUARY — If you want to take classes primarily at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education (KCHE), start in February. All courses for the Operations Management concentration offered at KCHE. If you select the general Management concentration, your two concentration classes will meet at the Milligan campus; all other courses at KCHE. See course calendars linked to the right.
Tuition for the program is $305 per credit hour, which is one of the most economical programs in our region and is even priced below the local state university rate. But you get so much more at Milligan. Teaching you is more than a job to our faculty – it’s a mission. They are dedicated teachers, experienced professionals, and trusted mentors who invest time, energy, and ideas to inspire you and help you reach your highest potential. It’s not just a degree. It’s your future. Read more about cost and financial aid here »
Personalized Degree Plan
We offer a free Personalized Degree Plan that reviews your transcripts and past credit to determine exactly what your degree plan will be and how long it will take you. This ultimately saves you time and money by making sure you stay on track to complete your degree without any surprises and as quickly as you can. Email ADCP@milligan.edu to get your process started.
Milligan offers you a “support team” in the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies that is experienced and ready to help. We care about your success. We’ll work with you from your first question to graduation. We’ll help you develop a degree plan that makes the most of your time and money. We provide an orientation to our campus and to the program prior to your first class. We do our best to make your life easier.
You’ll find our small classes (limited to 24) consist of students like you, with similar priorities – families, jobs, church and civic responsibilities, and a variety of other commitments. The support of your classmates will be invaluable. And your classes will be taught by Christian faculty who are known for their teaching skills, professional experience, academic credentials, and for their personal attention to students.
Milligan College has earned the respect of employers locally and throughout the U.S. Our graduates are leaders in many corporations and organizations. In Milligan’s program, you’ll learn from an experienced faculty, analyzing real life case studies and doing Internet research. You’ll study a broad range of business topics that you can apply immediately. You’ll be able to pull together all your previous college work so that at last your goal will be in sight. And we make it easy for you to get started!
Questions? Contact Rebecca Banton or call 423.461.8662.