To maximize your aid, apply early and meet all deadlines. Below are basic steps to follow:
- APPLY: Apply for admission to Milligan. Students are automatically considered for Milligan Academic Scholarships based on their application file at the time of admission. Ask your Admissions Recruiter about other scholarships.
- FAFSA: Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine your need-based aid eligibility. Review your Student Aid Report (the results of your FAFSA), mailed to you by the federal government. This will contain your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the number used to determine your federal student aid eligibility.
- AWARD PACKAGE: Review your Financial Aid Offers* from Milligan. Sign and return it promptly indicating whether you accept or decline each award (some awards are first-come, first-serve, so don’t delay).
- DEPOSIT: Pay your one-time $200 enrollment deposit (applied toward your account) to secure space in the incoming class (non-refundable after May 1).
- PAYMENT: Determine your payment plan.
- ORIENTATION: Attend Connections Orientation (April or June) to register for classes.
*The financial aid package is subject to change if subsequent information is received that changes your need eligibility, your housing, or your enrollment status was incorrect or changes, or you receive additional aid resources that were not known at the time of initial awarding.
We’re here to help.
Milligan is committed to keeping college affordable for our students. We’ll work with you individually every step of the way to help investigate all the options available for financing your education.
Milligan University is a member of NASFAA (National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators). The Milligan University Student Financial Services Office and staff have adopted the NASFAA Code of Ethics and NASFAA Code of Conduct to insure good business practices in all day to day activities of the Student Financial Services Office. Copies of the Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct are available for review in the Student Financial Services Office.