Milligan is committed to keeping college affordable for our students. We’ll work with you individually every step of the way to help investigate all the options available for financing your education. We offer a full complement of need-based and merit-based scholarships, grants, and low-interest loans from federal, state, and institutional sources. We also have a variety of payment plans that make budgeting easier for you and your family.
Value – Get more for your money at Milligan
There are many college choices, and on the surface, many may look a lot like Milligan, but few can claim and prove our outcomes with exceptional academic quality, student satisfaction, and graduate success. When you consider that Milligan students spend less and borrow less than most college students, you can see what a tremendous value a Milligan education is.
- Milligan’s total cost is $7,400 below the national average for private colleges
- Milligan’s net cost is $1,000 lower than the average of other local private colleges in Northeast TN/VA and only $2,100 higher than the local state university
- Room and board is $2,300 lower than the average for other private colleges, $1,500 less than ETSU, and $5,000 less than the national average for private colleges
- Fewer Milligan students borrow federal loans, AND they borrow less per year, even less than those attending local state schools
- The average Milligan loan debt at graduation last year was $3,000 below the national average and our default rate is an incredibly low 3%, compared to 14% nationally and 9% locally
- 98% of Milligan students receive merit-based and/or need-based financial assistance and Milligan provides more institutional aid than any other local private or public college. In many cases, the assistance is substantial.
- Read more about the value of The Milligan Difference »