MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. (August 21, 2015)—Milligan College welcomes several new faculty and staff members for the upcoming 2015-16 academic year. New faculty include:
• Dr. Christine Browning, who currently serves as associate professor of counseling and psychology, will take on the additional role of director of the Master of Science in Counseling program. She has a Ph.D. in counselor education from the University of Mississippi, a master’s degree and an educational specialist degree from the University of Memphis, and a bachelor’s degree from Crichton College. She is a licensed professional counselor, a nationally certified counselor and a psychological examiner.
• Kristal Dove will serve as instructor of business administration. She previously worked as director of campus activities and has served in the areas of student development and admissions since 2012. Dove holds a Bachelor of Science in business administration from Milligan, a Master of Business Administration from the University of South Carolina and a Master of Arts in Christian formation and ministry from Wheaton College. She has taught as an adjunct faculty member at Milligan since 2013.
• Dr. Todd Edmondson joins Milligan’s faculty as an assistant professor of composition and humanities. He graduated Milligan with a Bachelor of Arts in English and humanities and has served as an adjunct at the college since 2012. Edmondson holds a Ph.D. in humanities from the University of Louisville and a Master of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary. He has served as senior minister at First Christian Church in Erwin since 2011.
• Dr. Greg Harrell will become director of the college’s engineering program which launches in fall 2016. For the past two years, he has served as the college’s lead technical consultant to develop the four-year engineering program. Harrell has taught at Virginia Tech, the University of Tennessee, North Carolina State University and the University of North Carolina-Charlotte. He holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering from the University of Tennessee and a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering-thermodynamics from Virginia Tech. Harrell’s wife, Lu Hongyou, will join Milligan as an engineering program development associate, primarily focusing on accreditation, as well as an adjunct teaching Mandarin Chinese this fall.
• Dr. Rebecca Sapp, who currently serves as assistant professor of counseling, will serve additionally as director of the college’s Counseling Center. She completed her master’s in counseling from East Tennessee State University (ETSU) and a doctorate in social work from the University of Tennessee.
New staff include:
• Lindsey Campbell will transition from working as an admissions counselor to operations manager for the admissions office. She graduated in 2014 from Milligan with a Bachelor of Arts in communications where she focused on public relations and digital media.
• Austin Chhut will serve as an admissions counselor. He is a 2015 Milligan graduate with a Bachelor of Science in business administration and a minor in biblical studies.
• Amerrica Duggan-Torbert will move from working as an admissions counselor to enrollment communications coordinator. She is a 2014 Milligan graduate with a Bachelor of Science in business administration.
• Jason Onks joins Milligan staff as director of campus activities. He has extensive experience leading, training and developing college students and planning activities in his previous position as director of the Buffalo Mountain Camp for eight years. Onks holds a Bachelor of Science in construction management from ETSU.
• Nina Williamson will serve as an admissions counselor. She is a 2015 Milligan graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in English and psychology.
• Kristin Wright joins Milligan’s admissions staff as director. She most recently served as the director of recruitment at Ozark Christian College in Joplin, Missouri, and previously worked as campus visit coordinator at Truman State University. Wright holds a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy and religious studies from Truman State.
Classes for Milligan’s 2015-2016 academic year began Wednesday, Aug. 19. To learn more about Milligan, visit www.milligan.edu.