New student room requests arrive throughout the school year and are handled on a first come, first serve basis. Upperclassmen have the choice of rooms for the next year, so no assignments are made for new students before the end of the preceding semester. If your request comes in early enough, you will be notified as to which residence hall you have been assigned by the first week in July. However, due to last minute changes in students’ plans, you may not be informed of your specific roommate until arriving on campus. If you have requested to room with a certain student, every effort will be made to honor that request, and that request will take priority over residence hall choice. In other words, if you wish to live with an acquaintance and there are no double rooms available in the residence hall you prefer, we will place you both in another hall if there is a double room available there.
- 1 student RA (Resident Assistant) per 30 students
- 1 adult RD (Resident Director) housed in each residence hall
- “Open Halls” are the times when girls are allowed in guys rooms and guys in girls rooms. They are monitored by 2 Resident Assistants.
- Residence halls are closed to the opposite sex during all other times
- Lobbies are open everyday until 12 am.( Fri. & Sat. – 1am)
Room Dimensions & Sample Floor Plan
Women’s Residence Halls
- Sutton Hall – 10’x17′
- Hart Hall – 11’x17′
Men’s Residence Halls
- Web Hall – 10’x17′
Each resident is furnished with a student desk (35″ x 23″ x 30.5″), chair and a standard twin bed. Closets contain organizers to optimally utilize space for you and your roommate. Two Ethernet Connections are available in each room.
|1. Closets||2. Dresser||3. Shower Stall||4. Book Shelves||5. Bathroom|