Be part of a new generation of ministry leaders. Get the best in academic and theological training, combined with practical ministry experience and one-on-one mentoring from ministry leaders. Milligan’s Ministry Leadership Program offers a comprehensive ministerial formation unlike any other.
FOCUSED MINISTERIAL PREPARATION
Each major provides ministry preparation built on a foundation of knowledge of the Scriptures — knowing the Bible, understanding its theological and cultural background, and how to apply it to modern life and culture.
PRACTICAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Spend an entire semester in an immersive full-time mentored ministry field experience. This is more than a regular internship. You’ll gain hands-on experience in supervised ministry and spiritual formation. Every internship is individually tailored to provide opportunities to observe, assist, and lead in ways that are related to your unique interests. Leaders learn by doing. It’s important that church leaders not only have an understanding of, but a passion for, the nature and purpose of the church and its primary functions of worship, evangelism, discipleship, ministry, and fellowship.
Get on-going personal mentoring from an innovative ministry practitioner from one of our cohort of nationally-recognized ministry leaders who offer invaluable mentoring and ministerial formation. They offer our students hard-won insight into current challenges facing the church as well as much-needed practical wisdom about how churches are meeting those challenges with passion and integrity
DEEP EXPLORATION & DISCIPLESHIP
Delve into deeper topics, experience innovative ministries, interact and be mentored by church leaders, and have your passions for ministry further ignited through the Ministry Leadership Retreats held every semester.
Be immersed in a community of friends, classmates, and mentors who care passionately about serving and about each other. You’ll build camaraderie and grow together through your studies, retreats, internship experience, and many co-curricular opportunities. Students often meet on their own for weekly studies, prayer, and discipleship groups. This forms a close-knit group of trusted friends and colleagues for a lifetime of ministerial support.
When you apply to Milligan University, indicate your interest in one of the following majors:
- Biblical & Theological Studies
- Children’s Ministry
- Church Leadership
- Intercultural Studies
- Student Ministry
- Worship Leadership
New students enrolling for the first time may be eligible for a $5,000 minimum Ministry Leadership Scholarship.
MINISTRY LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
- Apply and be admitted to Milligan University as a degree-seeking traditional undergraduate student
- Minimum 21 ACT/980 SAT OR 3.0 final weighted GPA for entering first-year students
- Minimum 2.5 GPA for entering transfer students
- Enroll full-time (12 or more credit hours per semester)
- Maintain a major in Biblical & Theological Studies, Children’s Ministry, Church Leadership, Intercultural Studies, Student Ministry, or Worship Leadership
- Agree to enthusiastically participate in required co-curricular activities of the program
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 by the end of the second semester of enrollment, 2.5 by the end of the fourth semester and each semester thereafter
- This scholarship may NOT be combined with Tuition Exchange, Personnel Grant, Jeanes Honors, Goah, Performing Arts, Athletic scholarships
LIBERAL ARTS FOUNDATION
Your entire Milligan experience is grounded in a unique liberal arts approach, where you learn to better understand the world and the people to whom you will lead and serve. We believe a liberal arts education provides the best ministerial preparation. Ministers must know the scriptures and how to interpret them, but they also must understand the world in which they are called to minister.
WHO you learn from is pretty important. At Milligan, our faculty are not only excellent teachers and caring mentors but are recognized and published scholars, with Ph.D.’s from Boston University, Duke, Harvard, Indiana University, Notre Dame, and the Universities of Denver and Toronto. They have practical experience and great wisdom.