Transfers choose Milligan because of our excellent academics, welcoming Christian community, small classes and personal attention, generous scholarships and financial aid, and the easy and comfortable transition. If you have the following, contact our Transfer Recruiter, who can walk you through the transfer application process.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, requesting official transcripts and test scores has been hard for most students. We can use unofficial copies for admissions purposes. We will work with you individually to use whatever you can provide us at the moment. Contact your admissions recruiter or reach out to email@example.com for assistance with transcripts and test scores.
- Completed 24 or more college credit hours after high school graduation at the time of application to Milligan University (If you are a working adult age 24+, you might consider our Adult Degree Completion Programs)
- In good standing at an accredited college or university
- At least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Shown evidence of Christian commitment and academic potential
Milligan honors a rolling admission policy, which means the admission committee will consider applications throughout the year, as long as space is available.
We encourage students to apply early for maximum scholarship and financial aid consideration. Also please note there are some academic and scholarship programs with specific dates and deadlines.
Academic Transfer Scholarship
Merit-based scholarships for transfer students are offered based on your transferring GPA. Contact the Admissions Office for details. Below are scholarship amounts for Fall 2022.
NOTE: Athletes must have a 3.0 or higher to receive both an academic and an athletic award.
Free Transcript Review
College credits from most accredited two- and four-year institutions are widely transferable to Milligan.
Send us your transcripts »
Tennessee Community Colleges
Milligan participates in the Tennessee Transfer Pathways program, whereby students completing associate degree programs in certain programs at Tennessee community colleges can transition seamlessly to Milligan University as a junior.
We also have an A.A./A.S. Transfer Agreement with Tennessee Community Colleges that helps Transfers meet Milligan’s general education requirements. Learn more »
Apply for free!
- APPLICATION: Complete and submit your official application. We waive the application fee for all transfers — use the code: APPLYNOW.
- TRANSCRIPT: Request that a copy of your transcript from all previous college work be sent to Milligan. (If you have earned 24 or less college credit hours, we also need your high school transcript.) Electronic transcripts through Parchment and other online services accepted.
TEST SCORES: If you’ve earned less than 24 college credit hours, request that official ACT, SAT-I, or CLT scores be sent directly to Milligan (ACT code: 3996, SAT-I code: 1469).
REFERENCES will be required from transfer students with a cumulative transfer GPA of 2.5 or below. One academic reference and one church/character reference will be required. You will be notified if these are required of you.
AFTER YOU APPLY, your Admissions Recruiter will communicate with you regularly about your application file and status. Admission decisions are usually made within two weeks of application. If you qualify for an Academic Scholarship, you’ll find that out right away, too.