Be part of an upcoming theatre performance at Milligan. Students and members of the surrounding community are welcome to audition.
August 26, 2023
Individual auditions 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Callbacks 1–5 p.m.
Please prepare one contemporary monologue (1950–present) 45–60 seconds each.
Characters from Proof:
CATHERINE: Catherine is the quick-witted, stubborn, and prickly protagonist of the play.
ROBERT: Catherine and Claire’s father, Robert, was a brilliant mathematician and caring dad who also suffered from severe mental illness.
CLAIRE: Catherine’s sister. HAL: Hal is one of Robert’s former PhD students at the University of Chicago. Has a relationship with Catherine
Please prepare a monologue or a poem 30–45 seconds. The second monologue can have a British accent. Be creative! All students, faculty, and members of the community are welcome to audition.
August 28, 2023
Callbacks for A Christmas Carol 6–9 p.m.
Characters from A Christmas Carol:
CHARLES DICKENS male
EBENEZER SCROOGE male
BOB CRATCHIT male
MRS. CRATCHIT female
MRS. FRED female
JACOB MARLEY male
GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST either
CHRISTMAS PRESENT either
CHRISTMAS YET TO COME either
YOUNG EBENEZER male
FAN young female
MRS. FEZZIWIG female
TINY TIM young male
MALE GUEST male
GIGGLING GIRL female
SERIOUS GIRL female
THREE BUSINESSPEOPLE 1 male, 2 females
JOE male TURKEY BOY young male
To sign up, please follow these steps:
- Visit Home – Cast98 and create a profile.
- Create an audition profile by adding your headshot (or a photo) / resume/ past experience + conflicts. This is private information for the Director. You do not have to have previous experience to audition.
- Follow this link All Upcoming Shows – Cast98. Scroll to December or April + sign up for your chosen time.(say goodbye to paper forms!)
NOTE – If you are auditioning for BOTH shows of the season then use link. Comment “Both shows.”
ACTORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AUDITION WITHOUT SUBMITTING A FORM ONLINE.
Actors + non-actors are encouraged to audition!
- Please read both plays and choose a monologue you believe suits the character(s) you would like to be considered for.
- Time your monologues before your audition.
- Please make sure you tie your hair out of your face for your audition. We need to see you.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
For questions and to schedule an audition/interview for the program, please contact: