Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Master’s in information systems coming Fall 2018

msis photo

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. (Nov. 10, 2017) — Milligan College will launch a Master of Science in Information Systems (M.S.I.S.) in Fall 2018 designed for working professionals seeking leadership positions in the information systems field.

The degree is a 14-month online/hybrid program consisting of ten courses with a maximum residency of five Saturday sessions. Milligan’s M.S.I.S. focuses on best practices in analysis, design, communications and security for information systems development, management and implementation in real-world business. The cohort-based program will pair with three related classes in Milligan’s MBA program.

“We’re excited to build upon Milligan’s already successful computer science and computer information systems programs with the new M.S.I.S.,” said Dr. Carolyn Carter, associate dean of the William B. Greene, Jr. School of Business and Technology. “This program is concentrated in system processes rather than structure, with focus on data integrity in an enterprise setting. Our dedicated faculty will train M.S.I.S. students in both the business and IT/IS side, encouraging students to think through technical and leadership issues from a Christian worldview.”

Employment of computer and information systems managers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. In addition, more demand will grow as firms increasingly expand their digital operations with ever increasing amounts of data.

Milligan’s computer science/CIS program has been recognized for quality education. The college’s online Computer Information Systems (CIS-Mobile) program was ranked No. 16 in the nation by ComputerScienceOnline.org, a website devoted to help those seeking a future in the tech industry.

Milligan’s M.S.I.S. program is designed for those holding a degree in the IT field or two years work experience in the field plus a bachelor’s degree. The college also offers an early acceptance plan for its students wanting to pursue the M.S.I.S., allowing them to lock in tuition for the year admitted and secure a spot in the program.

The M.S.I.S. degree is pending SACSCOC approval to start in Fall 2018.

Posted by on November 10, 2017.