Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Dr. Mills presents on semester in China

Dr. Lori Mills, professor of psychology at Milligan

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, Tenn. (October 13, 2017)—As part of Milligan College’s Faculty Lecture Series, Dr. Lori Mills, professor of psychology, will present on her experiences living with her family in China on Tuesday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m. in the college’s Derthick Lecture Hall. This event is free and open to the public.

During Milligan’s Fall 2016 semester, Mills and her husband taught Oral English at Sias International University in China and lived on campus with their children in a foreign faculty apartment building.

“My husband and I wanted our children to experience a new culture,” said Mills. “Also, I wanted to explore the possibility of establishing a direct relationship at a Chinese university so Milligan students could have the opportunity to study abroad there.”

Milligan offers many opportunities for students to study all over the world. From summer experiences to semester-long studies, our off-campus options span six continents and countless cultures.

“If I learned one thing from my experience, it is that the world is accessible,” said Mills. “It was thrilling to engage the people and the culture of China by living there, even for a short time.”

A 1988 graduate from Milligan, Mills holds a doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Louisville. She also is a licensed psychologist in the state of Tennessee, and her clinical work has focused on assessment and psychotherapy with adults.

Posted by on October 13, 2017.