Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Photography exhibit features mission work in Haiti

Haitian Laborer by Matt WaeckerleMILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (March 24, 2014) — A photography exhibit by Milligan College senior Matt Waeckerle opens Sunday, March 30, from 2 to 4 p.m., in the Milligan Art Gallery, located in the lower level of Derthick Hall. The exhibit, open until April 4, is titled “Sak pase?”

The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.

Waeckerle is a fine arts (photography) major and Bible minor. He is from West Lafayette, Ind. His exhibit features digital photography from mission trips to Grand Guave, Haiti, through Lifeline Christian Missions.

“In Grand Guave, I discovered that photography is a language that anyone can speak,” said Waeckerle. “I was able to have many conversations about Jesus with many parents and their children simply because I was carrying a camera. I knew from then on that this is something that I wanted to do.”

The title of Waeckerle’s exhibit (“Sak pase?”) is the Haitian Creole phrase for “What’s up?”

“I want to show everyone the wonderful people of Grand Guave through my exhibit,” Waeckerle said.

For more information about arts events at Milligan, visit www.milligan.edu/arts.

Posted by on March 24, 2014.