The Intercultural Studies major prepares students for faithful, dynamic, and effective engagement and ministry in intercultural contexts. Possible careers include serving in churches, on the mission field (domestic and foreign), and with social agencies.
Students are prepared to:
- Reflect holistically upon a given culture and discern the challenges and opportunities for embodying a faithful Christian presence within that culture
- Approach intercultural engagement in ways that reflect sound theological, philosophical, cultural, political, and practical understandings of ministry
- Interpret Christian scripture responsibly
- Identify and critically analyze appropriate sources in academic research
- Understand and assess contemporary church beliefs and practices in light of church history
- Develop personal and spiritual maturity necessary for intercultural engagement and ministry
Ministry Leadership Program
This major is part of the Ministry Leadership Program. Learn more about this exciting program »
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan University Catalog (link below). The Milligan University academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.