If you want to change people’s lives, Milligan’s electrical engineering program will help you do it. Whether designing modern technological devices and systems or meeting the basic needs of the under-served and developing world, a Milligan engineer grad will have a unique preparation of sound engineering theory and application, grounded in a liberal arts curriculum, all taught from a Christian worldview. And we’ve got the support and backing of major industry players who can’t wait to hire Milligan engineering grads.
Electrical Engineering (EE) focuses on all things electrical/electronic, including electronic devices, systems, and energy. This includes digital-based communication and control systems; generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power; electronic devices and electrical circuits for producing, detecting, and controlling electrical signals; and robotics and control systems. For more information, visit the Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (IEEE) at ieee.org.
Discover Engineering at Milligan
Milligan engineering ABET accredited
100% job placement rate months before 2023 graduation
93% job placement rate within six months of graduation overall
Better than national average FE Exam pass rate
- Provide high-quality electrical engineering education to prepare students to be servant leaders that serve industry, community, and public through an integration of Christian faith, technical skills, social responsibility, and a global vision.
- Be a major talent-base of electrical engineers that serves the tri-cities region and beyond.
Program Educational Objectives
A few years after graduation, the Milligan Engineer will have progressed through positions of increasing professional responsibility. They will have a track record of seeking out and meeting new challenges. The Milligan Engineer will be considered reliable by their supervisors and clients, a credible resource by their peers and community, and will be a mentor to junior colleagues. They will have demonstrated impeccable integrity. In all that they do, the Milligan Engineer will have demonstrated that they serve people through considering all aspects of their work.
Annual student enrollment data and graduation data can be obtained from the engineering offices and is available through all engineering faculty members.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment and Graduation Data – July 2023
|Academic Year||Enrollment (fall)||Degrees Conferred|