Because design projects range in size, text, purpose, and complexity, the time for design and printing varies significantly. An update of an existing postcard can be turned around in 2 weeks (a week of design and proofing time and a week to print) while a new project that is multiple pages and requires new text/photography can take up to 6-8 weeks. As the creative services team manages multiple projects at any given time, please provide as much lead time as possible (6-8 weeks). At the beginning of each fiscal year, please communicate with the PR/Marketing team which design projects have been budgeted for your department and a proposed timeline for each.
Once a design project request form has been submitted, someone on the creative services team will follow up to review the production process and your specific project, as well as establish a timeline for completion.
For other printing needs (banners, mugs, badges, pins, pens, etc.), your department may be asked to identify vendors and secure printing estimates. For these types of requests, we will provide the final artwork to you, and you will work directly with the vendor. All follow up proofs must be approved by PR/Marketing.
- Request design project in a timely manner.
- Check to be sure there are funds in your budget.
- Complete the Design Request form.
- Provide draft copy in a Word document.
- For reprints, clearly mark project with any changes.
- Assist in arranging photos (of students, events).
- Review design draft and provide feedback.
- Proof and give final approval of text.
- Review Design Request form.
- Establish a timeline.
- Proof copy and edit text to be consistent with Milligan’s style and meet project’s purpose.
- Design project, secure photography.
- Provide proof.
- Secure printing estimates based on design.
- Recommend printer and price.
- Once we have your final approval for text and design and your final quantity, prepare files for printer.
- Review and approve proof from the printer.