News & Events
- 07/02: JCP: When two become one: Emmanuel Christian Seminary officially becomes part of Milligan College
- 07/01: Emmanuel Christian Seminary becomes part of Milligan
- 06/25: Milligan hires new admissions director
- 06/20: Milligan mourns loss of professor emeritus Dr. G. Richard Phillips
- 06/17: Milligan helps teachers ‘put the pieces together’ at ITQ workshop
- 06/16: Milligan awards 2015 Jeanes Scholarships
- 06/11: Milligan’s education area reaccredited by NCATE
- 06/04: Milligan Connections orientation: June 12-13
- 06/02: Milligan to host prospective counseling students on June 8
- 06/02: Milligan offers journalism opportunity in NYC
Start Time: 11:00 AM
Event: Music Majors/minors meeting
Location: Seeger Memorial Chapel Music Classroom
Start Time: 2:30 pm
Event: Choir auditions for Concert Choir and/or Women’s Chorale (for new members only)
Location: Seeger Memorial Chapel Room 401 (Mrs. Elliott’s studio)
No preparation required – you may choose to sing either Amazing Grace, Joy to the World, or My Country ‘Tis of Thee. You may sign up for an audition time in advance on the bulletin board outside Walker Auditorium in lower Seeger, or simply stop by during the audition times listed above.
Female singers may participate in both groups.
The Milligan College Arts Council presents Jane Hicks, the Cosmic Possum, in a poetry readin on Tuesday, September 1, at 7 pm in Seeger Memorial Chapel Walker Auditorium. She is a teacher, poet, and fiber artist from upper East Tennessee. The Jesse Stuart Foundation published her book, Blood & Bone Remember, in January 2005. Blood and Bone Remember won the Poetry Book of the Year 2006 Award from the Appalachian Writers Association. The Cosmic One is the inspiration for the name of a mythical Appalachian Trail hikers’ hostel in Sharyn McCrumb’s ballad novel, The Songcatcher. Baird Christopher explains it all! Jane also served as Sharyn’s NASCAR mentor for St. Dale. (2005).
Milligan vocal performance major Laura Mixon presents a senior voice recital featuring works by Bernstein, Debussy, Schubert, Strauss and others and portraying a delightful range of characters from a crazed diva to a love-sick young man. In addition to her vocal studies, Mixon has been active in Milligan theater productions and has been a member of several ensembles including Concert Choir, Women’s Chorale, and Heritage. She was the 2014 recipient of the Milligan Outstanding Music Student Award.
The fourth annual workshop for music educators will feature guest clinician Dr. Maribeth Yoder-White, President of the Southern Division of NAfME and other experienced and distinguished music teachers including Leanna Baldwin. Session will include: “Choral Warm-Ups and What Works,” “Drumming: The Beat Goes On,” “Orff for Beginners and More,” and “Music & integration = Sound Education.” Registration includes refreshments and materials. Professional development credit is available.
Register by phone at 461-8723 or online at www.milligan.edu/music/workshop.
Male singers of all ages are invited to a two-day choral festival led by Milligan Professor Noah DeLong along with colleagues from the ETSU choral area. Participants will join a festival chorus to learn and perform several pieces of music in a public concert. The finale will also feature performances by Heard Mentality, Milligan’s male a cappella group, as well as the Appalachian Men’s Ensemble (AMEn), the Appalachian Men’s Express, the ETSU BucsWorth Men’s Choir, and the MECCA Men.
- 10/20: Milligan to host info session on graduate and professional studies
- 10/07: Milligan nursing student wins TONE scholarship
- 10/03: Milligan announces Kingsport info session for early childhood education
- 09/30: Milligan named a top college for graduate earning power and employability
- 09/26: Milligan professor cross-examines nature of work
- 10/22: Milligan welcomes future ‘Business Buffs’
- 10/20: Milligan theatre to perform portrayal of Anne Frank
- 10/20: Milligan’s Homecoming ‘a road trip worth taking’
- 10/16: Milligan to host annual ‘Trunk or Treat’
- 10/15: ‘Harmony & Hope’ fundraiser to benefit Buffs players
- 09/24: Milligan College Concert Choir and Orchestra to perform
- 09/22: The Live Love Movement Tour comes to Milligan
- 09/14: Author and commentator Frederica Mathewes-Green to speak at Milligan