Prepare to Lead & Serve at Milligan
- 24 months to complete the program
- Tuition one of lowest in region
- Choose Clinical Mental Health (LPC) or School Counseling
- Learn from a Christian perspective
- Be part of a small class led by caring faculty
- Smooth admission process: GRE not required if undergrad GPA is 3.00
- Assistance finding practicum and internship placement
The MSC program at Milligan College will prepare graduates to demonstrate excellence as servant leaders in the field of professional counseling.
- Students increase in knowledge and skills necessary to be a professional counselor; advance to graduation candidacy.
- Students complete the counselor education program, begin professional careers, and obtain professional licensure.
- Alumni are successful licensed professional counselors or licensed school counselors, site supervisors, and leaders in the community.
Classes are scheduled in late afternoons and evenings. The program consists of six full semesters, including two summer sessions. You can complete the program in two years or go at your own pace. A new class of students enrolls each fall semester and follows a fall-spring-summer rotation, finishing after the second summer. Courses meet on the main campus of Milligan College in Northeast Tennessee, and some courses are available online.
Our caring faculty are dedicated teachers, experienced professionals, and trusted mentors who invest time, energy, and ideas to inspire you and help you reach your highest potential. They are dedicated Christian professionals who go above and beyond to challenge you and stretch your mind. They bring real world experience into the classroom every day because they continue to work in the fields they teach. Small class sizes provide personal interaction, exceptional training, and hands-on lab experience that will prepare you for success as a Licensed Professional Counselor or school counselor. Teaching you is more than a job to our faculty — it’s a mission.
Tuition for the M.S. in Counseling program at Milligan College is $450 per credit hour, which is one of the most economical counseling programs in our region and is even priced below the local state university rate. Financial aid is available for graduate students. Learn more about the types of aid available and your payment options »
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.
The Milligan Counseling Center
The Milligan Counseling Center offers counseling services for the health and well-being of our campus community and provides an internship or practicum experience for Master of Science Counseling students. Learn more about the Counseling Center and how to schedule an appointment »
Early Acceptance Program: MSC
The Early Acceptance Program (EAP) provides Milligan undergraduate students with a unique financial and academic opportunity to apply and commit early to the MSC in order to receive lower tuition rates and secure their spot early in the program. Learn more »