Yes, There IS a Difference
- 14 months to complete the program = keep your sanity
- One Saturday per month + online = keep your job
- Tuition comparable with other programs = keep your money
- Choose from 3 different concentrations = keep your focus
- Learn to apply cutting edge business principles from a Christian perspective = keep your faith
- Be part of a cohort group led by caring faculty = keep a support system
- Options at Milligan campus near Johnson City OR Kingsport Academic Village = keep it close
- Smooth admission process: GMAT not required for strong GPA’s, Quick pre-req options = keep your cool
- Accredited, nationally recognized college = keep your reputation
The Milligan MBA is an accredited program designed to accommodate working professionals, which means you don’t have to sacrifice your job and salary while earning your MBA. Classes meet one Saturday per month over approximately 14 months. Cohorts start in the Fall and Spring.
Tuition and fees for the 14-month, 32-credit hour program are approximately $18,795, which is comparable with other state and private colleges. Financial aid is available for graduate students. Click here to learn about available aid and payment options »
Leading-Edge Specialized Curriculum
The Milligan MBA curriculum is designed to increase and improve your technical skills, while at the same time engaging you to think critically about your role as a positive influence in the workplace. In addition to learning theories and practices, you’ll also be challenged to think about the ethical implications of your decisions. You’ll see that the emphasis throughout the MBA is on integrating practical business skills with a concern for Christian ethics, professional responsibility, and leadership development.
Individuals who already hold an MBA or equivalent degree who meet the MBA admission criteria can earn an Executive Certificate in one of these concentrations. Read more »
In The Milligan MBA, you’ll be taught by qualified business faculty. Teaching you is more than a job to our faculty — it’s a mission. They are dedicated teachers, experienced professionals, and trusted mentors who invest time, energy, and ideas to inspire you and help you reach your highest potential. They bring to the classroom a broad range of business, industry, and consulting experience, as well as outstanding academic credentials. While their primary focus is teaching and mentoring, many are also involved in academic research, publishing articles and books, and serving in professional organizations. This keeps them up-to-date and ready to share the latest and most timely information with our students. Read more »
Convenient Schedule: One-Saturday-a-Month
Classes meet one Saturday per month over approximately 14 months. On-campus sessions occur approximately once a month, on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The sessions are complemented by several weeks of on-going discussion, class participation, and other assignments, all facilitated by faculty using Internet-based resources. This provides flexibility in scheduling, while at the same time providing a thorough and in-depth program of study. Students will need to bring a laptop to class. Lunch is provided on Saturday during the on-campus session.
Convenient Locations: Milligan & Kingsport Campuses
The Milligan MBA is offered both on the Milligan campus near Johnson City and in Kingsport at the Center for Higher Education. The Milligan cohorts start in March and September and offer the leadership and healthcare sector management concentrations. Kingsport cohorts start in March and offer the operations management concentration.
- Milligan: Cohorts meet on Milligan’s campus in the Tri-Cities TN/VA Area. Milligan’s campus is located in northeastern Tennessee in the dynamic Tri-Cities region. The campus is conveniently located just three miles from Johnson City Exit #24 off I-26. Click here for more information about our region.
- Kingsport: The Center for Higher Education (KCHE) is a beautiful 54,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility located in downtown Kingsport. Click here for more information about KCHE.
Milligan College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Milligan College.
Accreditation is an important factor to consider when selecting an academic institution. Accreditation is the process by which the quality and standards of colleges and universities are verified and upheld. Milligan is pleased to hold SACSCOC accreditation, which accredits the entire institution and its programs, including the MBA. SACSCOC accredits degree-seeking institutions in the South, including the University of Tennessee and East Tennessee State University.
Some business programs also hold specialized accreditation by business-specific accreditors. These specialized accreditations are a further endorsement of quality but not necessarily required in the business profession. SACS accreditation blankets the entire institution and ensures the student a quality education, financial aid opportunities, ability to transfer credits easily, and a promising professional future.
Students & Graduates
Each MBA cohort becomes a tight-knit group of friends, colleagues, and students, all of whom are expected to contribute to the group’s learning and overall experience. That’s why work experience is an important admissions criteria. We assemble cohorts representing a variety of professional and academic backgrounds, ensuring that students are exposed to a wide range of business practices and ideas. Employers represented among students and graduates include:
- AFG Industries – Corporate
- A.O. Smith/American Water Heater
- Bank of Tennessee
- Bell Helicopter
- Borla Performance Industries
- Carrier – United Technologies
- ConAgra Foods
- Cooper-Standard Automotive
- Computer Sciences Corporation
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Eastman Credit Union
- First Tennessee
- Holston Valley Medical Center
- Honeywell International Inc.
- John Deere
- King Pharmaceuticals
- Lear Corporation
- Mountain States Health Alliance
- Nuclear Fuel Services Inc.
- Pace Carbon Fuels
- U.S. Postal Service
- Wellmont Health Systems