Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Senior art show to open March 27

Sequence - Showcase 2022

MILLIGAN UNIVERSITY, Tenn. (March 24, 2022)— Milligan seniors Kat Baylor of Columbus, Indiana, and Sarah Greer of Morristown, Tennessee, will present a design and photography showcase March 27 through April 6 in the Milligan Art Gallery, located inside Derthick Hall.

An opening reception will be held on Sunday, March 27, from 2-4 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

“I quickly became addicted to the art of telling a story in a single frame,” said Baylor. “Each of the mini-series in the show comes from a different time in my life and has helped me to express my emotions and ideas.”

The showcase, titled “Sequence,” will feature photography compositions by Baylor and illustration work by Greer. Several of Greer’s illustrations stem from a recent academic research project, focused on the evolution of comic book layouts.

“As a graphic designer who loves reading and making comics, I naturally found myself drawn to illustration,” said Greer. “Telling stories within my work has become an important element to me and I can’t wait to share these stories with the community.”

For more information on Milligan arts events, visit milligan.edu/arts.

###

MILLIGAN UNIVERSITY is a Christian liberal arts university in Northeast Tennessee whose vision is to change lives and shape culture through a commitment to servant leadership. The university offers more than 100 majors, minors, pre-professional degrees and concentrations in a variety of fields, along with graduate and adult degree completion programs.  To learn more about Milligan University, visit www.milligan.edu or call 800-262-8337.

Posted by Chase McGlamery on March 24, 2022.