Protect Myself. Protect Others. Protect Buff Nation.
We look forward to welcoming you home to campus as we plan to have an on-campus fall semester that provides Milligan’s distinctive educational experience while ensuring everyone’s health and safety. To do so, we will:
- Follow the health and safety procedures outlined in the Milligan Returns Home Plan, in accordance with local, state, and federal health guidance.
- Wear a face mask in presence of others in all indoor public areas and work spaces, as well as outdoors if unable to maintain 6’ distance.
- Begin the fall semester on schedule on Aug. 25 and end one week early on Dec. 3. Classes will take place and offices will be open on Labor Day and during the planned days of Fall Break.
- Complete on-campus instruction and activities at Thanksgiving break. All classes and final exams will be completed remotely. Students living on campus will not return until Spring semester to reduce further exposure and community spread.
- Deliver classes primarily face-to-face but include a wider variety of combination/hybrid formats to accommodate students and faculty in vulnerable health populations or other factors impacting their ability to participate in on-campus teaching and learning.
- Offer a residential experience with a cohort model for roommates and suitemates.
- Build community through curricular and co-curricular opportunities for students to connect and explore opportunities for shared experiences.
- Reimagine Fall Break as a weekend of on-campus activities following safety protocols.
- Modify on-campus dining services to conform with physical distancing and safety protocols.
- Operate athletic programs in accordance with NAIA and Conference guidelines.
Plan updated 7.23.20. Changes are summarized on last page of plan.