Encouraging a person to develop and strengthen characteristics which lead to a lifetime of servant leadership begins very early. You may know a student who is an example of Christian leadership in their school, church, and community. Recommend this student as a Leader in Christian Service so that we all may learn from their example.
The Todd Beamer Student Leader in Christian Service
The Leaders in Christian Service award for students is named in memory of Todd Beamer, who was aboard the United Flight 93 aircraft that was hijacked on Sept. 11, 2001. His now famous “Let’s roll!” became a symbol of the heroism displayed in many ways on that fateful day in American history. The Beamer family frequently attended campus events when Todd was growing up, and they share Milligan’s commitment to preparing the next generation to become servant-leaders in their communities.
- The nominator (the person completing the application) is NOT a family member of the nominee.
- The nominee is NOT employed by Milligan University or Emmanuel Christian Seminary at Milligan.
- The nominee is NOT serving in a pastoral role or is employed by a church or place of worship.
- The nominee MUST be a current high school student in good academic standing.
II. Materials Needed
- Cover letter from nominator.
- A biographical sketch or resume of the nominee.
- A reference letter from the nominee’s minister (senior, youth, music, etc.).
- A reference letter from a volunteer agency at which the nominee serves or a person they work with in volunteer service.
- Additional information that may assist the selection committee (letters, testimonials, news clippings, etc.). Limit of two materials accepted.
Note: Nomination materials should describe how the nominee exemplifies servant-leadership
through service to others in the community, school, and church. The nominee must be a catalyst
to change lives through a commitment to long-term volunteer service.