GOAL: Increase the number of K-12 teachers in Tennessee from underrepresented groups with a commitment to diversity as an instructional tool. Funded by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission’s (THEC) Diversity in Teaching Grant.
- Complete M.Ed. or Bachelor’s + initial teacher licensure (contact us for a personalized degree plan)
- Applicants from an underrepresented population
- Commit to teach in TN for at least two years
- Complete English as a Second Language (ESL) dual endorsement with K-5, middle grades, secondary, or K-12 licensure
- Must complete degree and licensure in 2 years (June 2021)
- Up to 40% tuition, licensure fees, and some instructional materials
- Extensive preparation for Praxis and licensure exams
- Monthly faculty mentoring and advising
- Clinical experience in local school
- Training in promoting culturally responsive instruction
- Student support resources
- Field practicum and student teaching experiences with teachers who have a history of effectiveness with K-12 students from underrepresented groups
Candidates must start by Fall 2019. Apply now!
- Complete the admission application process: M.Ed. or Undergraduate Bachelor’s (contact us for a personalized degree plan)
- Complete the ADTS Scholarship Process
- 500 Word Essay: How will your background and life experiences contribute to culturally responsive instruction with P-12 students in Tennessee?
- Interview with faculty scholarship committee
- Statement of Intention to Teach in TN for at least 2 years
Yes, please send me information about this scholarship program!