An Affordable Difference
- Keep your job — classes meet one day a week + online
- Keep your life — complete in as few as 19 months
- Keep your money — our RN-BSN tuition is lowest in Northeast Tennessee
- Keep a support system — be part of a cohort group led by caring faculty
- Keep your cool — smooth admission process
- Keep your goals and dreams — our grads are highly recruited by employers
Accelerated RN-BSN Program
The accelerated RN-BSN is designed for working professionals. Courses are delivered through a combination of face-to-face, hybrid, and online techniques. Students are only required to be in class one day a week. The program can be completed in as few as 19 months. You can balance your life and earn your degree.
Preferred by Employers
The BSN degree is preferred by most nursing leaders and provides the best opportunities in today’s job market, including one of the highest starting salaries in any field. You’ll find that a BSN is a requirement for many positions. It is also the entry point for graduate studies, nurse practitioner, and nurse anesthetist programs.
Tuition for the program is one of the most economical programs in our region and is even priced below the local state university rate. Students in this program are eligible to apply for state and federal tuition assistance programs and for employer reimbursement when applicable.
The nursing faculty at Milligan are clinical experts in their particular practice areas. Their academic credentials, practical “real-world” experiences, continued professional development, and national professional certifications combine to provide a quality nursing education. Furthermore, they are dedicated to your academic, personal, and spiritual growth.
Getting Started: Personalized Degree Plan
We offer a free Personalized Degree Plan to determine exactly what you need and how long it will take you. If you’re currently working toward the 27 transferable hours, let us help you prepare to transfer to Milligan. We can help determine what courses you need and where you can obtain them. Contact Jenni Duran or call 423.461.8424.
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.
The baccalaureate program at Milligan College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
The baccalaureate program at Milligan College is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing (TBN).
- Be a graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program.
- Hold an unencumbered RN license from TN or a compact state.
- Good standing at previously attended institutions with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Transfer of a minimum of 27 hours of coursework, confirmed by official transcript(s), from a regionally accredited institution comprised of the following:
- English composition (3 hrs)
- Behavioral/social sciences (3 hrs)
- History, fine arts, philosophy, or literature (3 hrs)
- Speech communication (3 hrs)
- Anatomy and physiology with lab (8 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
- Introduction to microbiology (4 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
- Probability and statistics (3 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
Matriculation of a cohort of new students is contingent upon an adequate number of admitted applicants.