Drone photography of Milligan's Derthick Hall


The Office of the Registrar is committed to assisting students, alumni, faculty, staff, and others by providing courteous and efficient customer service and accurate academic records while maintaining records in a safe and confidential environment. The office provides comprehensive services involving academic records, degree audits, registration, class scheduling, reporting, and more.

Student Forms

Address/Name Change

Current Students:

  • Address changes can be made in Self-Service or by submitting a change of name/address form in the Registrar’s Office.
  • Name changes require a visit to the Registrar’s Office with a copy of the legal document changing the name or a driver’s license that includes the new name.

Former Students:

  • Former students may update their information with the Alumni Relations Office here »

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) is a federal law which affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.

Students can authorize access for their parent(s) to their education records and allow oral and written communication with University personnel by completing an authorization form.

Filling out this FERPA form requires students to log-in to our student portal with your username and password that Information Technology (IT) sends via email once students submit their enrollment deposit. (These are the same credentials you will use to log-in to your Milligan email, Canvas learning management system, and the self-service payment portal. If you are unable to find the email, make sure to check your spam or junk folder. If you are unable to locate them, please email the IT help desk at Helpdesk@milligan.edu or call 423.461.8704.

Change of Program/Major

Click here » to access the Undergraduate Declaration/Change of Program Form.

Schedule Change
  • Before classes begin each semester, students may make schedule changes in Self-Service.
  • Beginning on the first day of class, students enrolled in traditional undergraduate programs must email their advisor a clear description of the proposed schedule change. If the advisor approves the request, he or she will forward the message to the Registrar’s Office. Upon making the change, Registrar’s Office staff will notify the instructor.
  • Graduate and ADCP students should follow the schedule change processes for their respective programs.
Transfer Course Approval
  • Students currently enrolled in traditional undergraduate programs who plan to fulfill Milligan degree requirements by enrolling in courses at another institution should complete a transfer course approval form in the Registrar’s Office. A signed transfer course approval form provides the student with the assurance that the course will be accepted in transfer. One of the registrars will review the proposed course. Be prepared to provide a catalog course description.
  • Students preparing to enroll in transfer courses should keep in mind the following policies:
    • Milligan grants transfer credit for courses passed with a grade of C- or higher;
    • After enrolling at Milligan, students may not transfer credits to fulfill the requirements for BIBL 123/124, 471; COMP 111/211; or HUMN 101/102/201/202.
  • Graduate and ADCP students should follow the transfer course approval processes for their respective programs, if applicable.

Faculty Forms

The following faculty forms are available in SharePoint (Academic Affairs – Faculty Resources – Frequently Used Forms)

  • Change of Grade
  • Incomplete Contract
  • Resolution of Incomplete
  • Tutorial Proposal


Students and alumni may order transcripts for Milligan University and Emmanuel Christian Seminary at Milligan using the processes described below. Transcripts will not be issued for individuals who have a financial obligation to the university. If you have questions about the status of your student account, please contact Milligan Student Financial Services at 800.447.4880. Current students should ensure that all grades and/or graduation credentials are posted before ordering a transcript OR select the “Hold for current semester grades” or “Hold until degree is posted” option


An official transcript is Milligan’s certified statement of an academic record. Official transcripts may be ordered in either electronic or paper format. Paper official transcripts are printed on security paper and bear the Milligan seal and the signature of the Registrar. Students ordering a paper official transcript may opt for the convenience of a fully online, fee-based ordering process via the National Student Clearinghouse or a free option using the Milligan University Transcript Request Form.

Order online* through the National Student Clearinghouse websiteOrder using the paper Milligan University Transcript Request Form (submit in person or by mail, fax, or email)
Electronic DeliveryCost = $3.90Not available
Paper DeliveryCost = $5.05No cost

*In most instances, electronic transcripts and paper transcript orders requested by 2:00 p.m. (EST) will be sent within one business day. (Express paper transcript services are processed by NSC and are subject to their service timelines: Requests submitted Monday – Friday by 11:00 a.m. will be mailed the same day for delivery the next business day. Requests submitted Monday – Friday after 11:00 a.m. will be mailed the next business day for delivery on the following business day.)

Order Options: To order an official transcript, select your preferred delivery method (electronic or paper) and request method (Clearinghouse online or Milligan  paper form) from the three options listed below:

Electronic Transcript: Order Online

Milligan has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to manage the ordering, processing, and secure delivery of official transcripts in an electronic format. Orders must be placed via the Clearinghouse website. Currently enrolled students sending electronic transcripts to a 2-year or 4-year college in Tennessee will not be charged per an agreement between the Clearinghouse and the Tennessee Higher Education Commission. Before ordering an electronic transcript, please confirm that the recipient has an email address that will accept secure PDFs.


Paper Transcript: Order Online

Milligan has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to manage the online ordering of official paper transcripts. Paper transcripts bear the Milligan seal and Registrar’s signature. They are printed on security paper with tamper-evident delivery. For an additional charge, expedited or express mailing options may be selected within the ordering process.


Paper Transcript: Download Form

Milligan offers a free option for requesting paper official transcripts using the Milligan Transcript Request Form. Complete, print, and sign the form, which may be submitted in person or by scan/email, fax, or mail. (See form for instructions.) Students whose names have changed since attending Milligan should provide the name used during their time of attendance.

Download Form


An unofficial transcript is intended for personal use and reference; unofficial transcripts do not include the Milligan seal or the Registrar’s signature. Most entities will not accept an unofficial transcript, and the Registrar’s Office will not send unofficial transcripts directly to third parties.

Current students can view and print their unofficial transcripts online through their Milligan University Self-Service account (Grades tab  → Unofficial transcript →  Print transcript). Former students can request an unofficial transcript by completing the Milligan Transcript Request Form. Choose “Paper Transcript: Download Form” above.


Stacy Dahlman
Associate Dean for Academic Administration and Registrar

Becky Robertson
Associate Registrar

Megan Roberts
Registrar Office Manager