Business Online Information Session
Thursday, March 1st, 12:00 p.m.–1:00p.m. (All Business Programs)
Thursday, March 29th, 6:00p.m.–7:00p.m. (ADCP & CISM)
Attending an Online Info Session qualifies you for a $30 application-fee waiver!Registration »
Have you completed some college before life happened?
Want to finish your business degree?
Milligan has a flexible and affordable way for you to complete your degree.
- Start the program at the time that is convenient for you – fall, spring, summer
- Get a personalized degree plan and take only the courses you need
- Take a combination of online and face-to-face courses (one night a week)
- Take 1-3 courses at a time during each 8-week term as they fit your workload and schedule
- Most students are eligible for financial aid; we work with tuition reimbursement plans
- Tuition is lower than state university rate, no hidden fees
If you have at least two years of full-time work experience and have completed at least 40 hours of college credit, Milligan can help put you on the fast track to own your own business, oversee a department, advance your position or salary, or change your career path altogether.
The business administration major has a concentration in management. The curriculum prepares students for a broad range of business and management careers. Take courses in leadership, economics, accounting, business statistics, corporate finance, marketing, management, operations management, human resource management, business ethics, business law, international business, and business strategy.
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.
How are classes delivered?
Courses are delivered in two main formats:
- Hybrid: Hybrid courses include some coursework that is done online by each student as well as classroom time with the instructor on the Milligan campus or at the Kingsport Center for Higher Education
- Online: Online classes are also available. We have introduced several of our most popular classes in a flexible online format. With our online college courses, no on-campus meetings are required and students may complete their work at any time of the day or night within the established deadline.
How long will it take to finish my degree?
The business administration major with concentration in management consists of 48 semester hours. Completing the major usually takes approximately 16 months, depending on how many courses you take at a time. Completion of the degree is dependent upon how many credits will transfer from your previous institutions to help meet the overall 128 required hours to graduate from Milligan.
We offer a free Personalized Degree Plan that reviews your transcripts and past credit to determine exactly what your degree plan will be and how long it will take you. This ultimately saves you time and money by making sure you stay on track to complete your degree without any surprises and as quickly as you can. Email ADCP@milligan.edu to get your process started.
Will my credit from previous colleges/universities transfer? Yes, as long as the courses meet Milligan’s transfer criteria. Only courses with grades of “C-” or better will be accepted for transfer from other regionally accredited institutions. Milligan has transfer agreements with all Tennessee community colleges and many others in the region.
- Looking for an online program in Computer Information Systems? Consider our CIS-Mobile program »
- Have completed no previous college credit or nowhere near 40 hours? Ask about our CIS-Business program »
Tuition for the program is one of the most economical in our region and is even priced below the local state university rate. Students in this program are eligible to apply for state and federal tuition assistance programs and for employer reimbursement when applicable.
In Milligan’s program, you’ll learn from an experienced faculty, analyzing real life case studies and doing Internet research. You’ll study a broad range of business topics that you can apply immediately. You’ll be able to pull together all your previous college work so that at last your goal will be in sight.
Teaching you is more than a job to our faculty — it’s a mission. They are dedicated teachers, experienced professionals, and trusted mentors who invest time, energy, and ideas to inspire you and help you reach your highest potential. It’s not just a degree. It’s your future.
Milligan also offers you a “support team” in the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies that is experienced and ready to help. We care about your success. We’ll work with you from your first question to graduation. We’ll help you develop a degree plan that makes the most of your time and money. We provide an orientation to our campus and to the program prior to your first class. We do our best to make your life easier.
You’ll find our small classes consist of students like you, with similar priorities — families, jobs, church and civic responsibilities, and a variety of other commitments. The support of your classmates will be invaluable. And your classes will be taught by Christian faculty who are known for their teaching skills, professional experience, academic credentials, and for their personal attention to students.
Our graduates are leaders in their fields, working for CPA firms, banks, financial service companies, healthcare organizations, non-profit organizations, and a variety of other companies. Milligan has earned the respect of employers locally and throughout the U.S. »
Contact Rebecca Banton or call 423.461.8662.