School of Bible & Ministry
The youth ministry concentration in the Bible major prepares people to lead in ministering to and with young people, and that may include those from early childhood up through early adulthood. Both youth ministers and children’s ministers will find this major effective in basic preparation for service, as will campus ministers, workers with various parachurch ministries such as camps, youth organizations, evangelism efforts and many more. Because of the strong foundation incorporated into this concentration, people will have basic preparation to move into other areas of ministry from a traditional role.
Students who major in Bible with a concentration in youth ministry are:
- Equipped to stay abreast of current changes in youth culture and communicate effectively through all those changes
- Prepared for service in a leadership role of ministry in the church and able to function as part of a team/staff relationship
- Develop a good foundation in biblical, church historical, and practical studies in order to prepare and deliver sound teaching to youth and to continue in lifelong learning
- Well-equipped to pursue seminary or graduate education
- Expected to provide a solid example, as a humble student of scripture and the world, of following Jesus in daily living
For information about the Bible major with the youth ministry concentration, see “Bible.” A minor in Youth Ministry also is available.
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.