School of Bible & Ministry
Missions service to the global church has always been central to the educational mission and purpose of Milligan College, whether that service takes place locally or in more distant regions of the world.
The course of missions study at Milligan College is designed primarily to prepare people for missions’ leadership ministry in the church. For this reason, its strength has long resided in its interdisciplinary structure, offering students a wide diversity of missions options via examples from church history, more contemporary situations, and internship placements.
The concentration is a part of the Bible major since an understanding of the universe and one’s own place in it is predicated upon an understanding of God’s purposes as revealed in the scriptures. However, because effective missionary ministry also entails an understanding of human nature, missions study at Milligan College incorporates a solid foundation in the social sciences. It is this unique combination of the two disciplines — Bible and sociology — which comprises the core of Milligan’s missions concentration.
Students studying missions are prepared:
- For service in a missions leadership role in the church
- Prepare and preach, in culturally appropriate ways, sermons or teach lessons which have solid scriptural content
- To have a good foundation in biblical, church historical, social, and practical studies for lifelong learning
- To pursue seminary or graduate education
- To provide a solid example, as a humble student of scripture and the world, of following Jesus in daily living
For information about the Bible major with the missions concentration, see “Bible.”
For information about the Missions minor, follow the Catalog links below.
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.