School of Arts & Humanities
The composition requirements of the University ensure that all graduates will be able to write effectively, utilizing the conventions of standard written English, and will be able to undertake basic academic research, employing a variety of learning resources and technologies. These courses are specifically designed to undergird the Milligan curriculum and to fit the major field of each student.
Effective writing is an essential skill for college students and graduates. The composition courses offered by the University enable students to reach the outcomes of the general education requirement, ensuring that all graduates will have:
- exhibited fundamental critical and creative thinking skills
- having posed and investigated a question, assessed and/or evaluated information, and formulated conclusions
- synthesized and integrated a variety of information into a coherent whole
- demonstrated the capacity to learn for a lifetime by locating, accessing, evaluating, and utilizing information
- demonstrated effective communication skills
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan University Catalog (link below). The Milligan University academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.