School of Bible & Ministry
Ministering to children in our society has become a significant service for Christians. Childhood is obviously a formative time of life, and being able to help children come to know Jesus as the Christ through scripture and the love and support of the church rises to great prominence as a form of Christian ministry. Children’s ministers quite often meet the needs of entire families in the process of helping and ministering to children.
The Children’s Ministry concentration in the Bible major and the Children’s Ministry minor prepare a person to participate fully in a ministerial staff of a local church and be able to assume other roles in addition to the focus on children. Ministers for both children and youth will find this minor or the children’s ministry concentration in the Bible major effective for service preparation, as will people working with camps, Christian schools, evangelistic efforts, and other parachurch ministries. For further information on this major, refer to the information under the listing “Bible.”
Children’s Ministry students are prepared to/for/with:
- Stay abreast of changes in ministry to children and family involvement in the church and serve effectively through them
- Service in a leadership role of ministry in the church and able to function as part of a team/staff relationship;
- Good foundation in biblical, church historical and practical studies in order to prepare and deliver sound teaching to children and their families and to continue in lifelong learning
- Well-equipped to pursue seminary or graduate education
- Provide a solid example, as a humble student of scripture and the world, of what it means to follow Jesus in daily living
View all details and course requirements for this program in the Milligan College Catalog (link below). The Milligan College academic catalog is the official, authoritative source for all academic requirements and policies. Any discrepancies in curricular requirements from other sources will default to the Catalog.