Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

‘Butterflies’ art exhibit to open Feb. 23

FifeMILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (Feb. 18, 2014) — “Butterflies,” an art exhibit by Milligan College senior Monica Fife, opens Sunday, Feb. 23, from 2 to 4 p.m., in the Milligan Art Gallery, located in the lower level of Derthick Hall.

The exhibit will remain open through Feb. 28. The reception and exhibit are free and open to the public.

Fife is a fine arts major with an emphasis in art. Her hometown is Sao Paulo, Brazil, and she now resides in Elizabethton, Tenn.

“Butterflies” will feature mixed media, watercolors, oils, color pastels, charcoal, colored pencils and photographs.

“The name of my exhibit is ‘Butterflies’ because there is always a new beginning after the cocoon,” Fife said. “I am a brain tumor survivor and God gave me a new beginning and the opportunity to study at Milligan. I am so thankful for the miracle he performed in my life.”

Fife’s exhibit is in memory of Milligan’s former president, Dr. Don Jeanes, who passed away in August 2012.

“When I had a brain tumor and went to Brazil for surgery, Dr. Jeanes sent me emails every week asking about my health and helped us in so many ways,” Fife said. “For that I’ll always be grateful.”

For more information about arts events at Milligan, visit www.milligan.edu/arts.

Posted by on February 18, 2014.