Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

‘Wake’ senior photography exhibit to open April 15

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (April 4, 2012) — “Wake,” a photography exhibit by Milligan College senior Brennan Seth Tracy, opens Sunday, April 15, from 2 to 4 p.m., in the Milligan Art Gallery, located in the lower level of Derthick Hall.

The exhibit will remain open through April 20. It is free and open to the public.

To “wake” can mean “to be aroused from an inactive or tranquil state” or “a celebration of someone’s life after they have passed away.” Tracy’s exhibit is the application of these two definitions to his life at Milligan.

“When I first came to Milligan, I was a theater major with no interest in pursuing other avenues,” Tracy said. “After taking several photography classes, I quickly discovered a passion that I had never before realized—I ‘woke up’ to a completely different side of myself.

“As for the second definition, my undergraduate career is rapidly coming to a close. I see my exhibit as a celebration of the student I have been the last four years, as well as a celebration of my transition from this ‘life’ into the next one.”

As a well-known participant in Milligan’s theater productions, Tracy hopes that through his exhibit individuals will be able to see a different side of his personality and personal story. The exhibit will feature digital, black and white, and color photographs.

Tracy is majoring in fine arts with a double emphasis in theater and photography. He is a native of Oblong, Ill.

For more information about arts events at Milligan, visit www.milligan.edu/arts.

Posted by on April 4, 2012.