Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

“Thoughtful Eye” art exhibit opens this weekend

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (February 13, 2009) – Milligan College will feature the artistic works of Chuck Rector, a senior photography major from Elizabethton, Tenn., Feb. 15-20 in the Milligan College Art Gallery located in the lower level of Derthick Hall. An opening reception will be held on Sunday, Feb. 15, from 2 to 4 p.m.

The show, entitled “Thoughtful Eye,” will display over 30 photos with a variety of black and white and color digital prints, as well as sculptures. The show will contain various subjects including landscapes, athletics, New York City, as well as a photo essay on a Milligan professor.

“I put a lot of thought, time and energy in my work,” Rector said. “I don’t believe in the point and shoot method. Most of my work is planned out ahead of time before the camera leaves the bag.   What I love about photography is the unexpected moments, being in the right place at the right time, which really makes the photograph unique and interesting. These, I think are my best photographs.”

The exhibit is free and open to the public.

For more information about the exhibit, contact Alice Anthony, associate professor of art at Milligan College, at 423.461.8970.

Posted by on February 13, 2009.