Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

“Storied Eyes” photography exhibit

Milligan College, TN (January 16, 2009) — Milligan College will feature the creative works of alumna Emily Hand, Jan. 18 through Feb. 6, at the Milligan College Art Gallery located in the lower level of Derthick Hall. The opening reception is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 18, from 2 to 4 p.m.

Last year, Hand worked for seven months with Pioneer Bible Translators. The show, titled “Storied Eyes,” will feature a collection of photographs taken during her travels with PBT to West Africa and Papua New Guinea.

“God has granted me the opportunity to see and capture moments, expressions and the sharing of lives, which is something I’ve always taken a pure and complete joy in doing,” said Hand. “I am a learner, a student of humanity, so I pray that the world may teach me of its pain, of its joy, of its ethic, because I am eager to listen to its narrative.”

Hand, a 2007 graduate of Milligan with a bachelor’s degree in photography, is currently pursuing a master of divinity degree at Emmanuel School of Religion.

The exhibit is free and open to the public.

Posted by on January 16, 2009.