Seeger Chapel steeple against an orange sunset
News

Milligan hires annual fund officer

MILLIGAN COLLEGE, TN (Sept. 29, 2008) – Rhajon Smith has been named the annual fund officer for institutional advancement at Milligan College. In her position, she will oversee donor mailings, phonathons and other advancement and development projects.

“I am delighted that Rhajon has joined our staff,” said Dr. Bill Greer, vice president for institutional advancement at Milligan. “She brings with her not only a love for Milligan but also valuable fundraising experience.  Being a Milligan graduate, she understands the impact we have upon our students, so I look for her to have tremendous success as she helps us cultivate stronger relationships with our alumni and friends.”

Smith holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Milligan and a master’s degree from East Tennessee State University. She previously served as director of marketing and resource development for the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kingsport.

“Since I graduated from Milligan I have always wanted to be part of the institution in some manner,” Smith said. “I am excited to be helping in the capacity of institutional advancement.”

Smith and her husband, Todd, reside in Jonesborough.

Posted by on September 29, 2008.