Whether your son or daughter is a first-year student or a soon-to-be graduate, the Parent Program hopes you have an enriching experience as part of the Milligan community. The Parent Program is a collaboration of offices throughout campus.
We work with parents to help them understand the student experience, support student learning, and empower students to take personal responsibility for their social and academic choices.
Our goals are for parents to understand the student experience and know about resources available at Milligan College; support the College’s goals for student learning and development outcomes; know when to step in to help their student and when to empower their student to take responsibility; and participate in opportunities to engage with the Milligan College community.
SHIPPING ADDRESS FOR STUDENT PACKAGES (NOT regular mail):
(all regular mail sent via US Post Office should be addressed to student’s personal PO Box; address below is for UPS, FedEx, or other ground services)
Student’s Residence Hall, Room #
C/O Milligan College Physical Plant
130 Richardson Rd.
Milligan College, TN 37682
- Parent Guide (PDF) – primary resource for Milligan parents and families (PDF download)
- College Prep Checklist – from elementary school through 12th grade
- Welcome Week & Summer Sizzler – Information for Fall Semester. When to arrive, what to bring, what to expect.
- Mentoring Program – Milligan’s Mentoring Program is a vital part of a student’s development and academic success. Understand how this program works and how you can support your student’s success.
- Hugs from Home – send your son or daughter a care package. The Associated Ladies of Milligan (ALM) offers parents the opportunity to purchase a Hugs from Home gifts package.
- Parent Council – The Parent Council acts as the advisory and advocacy arm of the Parent Program. The council meets twice a year to help the college maintain and enhance effective communication with parents and to provide prayer support for students and faculty/staff.
- Transition Tips – helpful articles and resources for you and your student as they make the transition to college.
- Our Region – Helpful links about the Tri-Cities region, things to do and places to visit.
- Parent Information Form – Fill out the Parent Information Form so that we can stay in touch with you.
- Parent communication is mostly emailed, so please provide your email address on this form.
- Parent mailings (a couple a year) are mailed to the “home address” that students list on their college registration information.
- If you move, or if your student changes his or her home address to a campus address, please let us know so we can put you on the mailing list.
- We have only one home address listed for each student; parents with a different address from the primary contact can also contact us in order to receive the newsletter.
- Student Information access – The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law which affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. This means Milligan cannot discuss your students’ education records (academic, student conduct, finance, etc.) with anyone, including parents, without the student’s written consent. Your student can complete an authorization form here allowing you to talk to us. If you have questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
- Milligan Today – The College’s internal communication hub. Current events and announcements can be found here.
- Looking Ahead is a semi-annual newsletter mailed to parents of full-time undergraduates.
- Milligan Magazine – All current parents receive the Milligan Magazine, which is mailed twice a year.
Ways to Be Involved:
- Parent Events – include receptions on Move-In Day, Family Weekend, regional events held throughout the country, and other events throughout the year hosted by the Parent Council.
- Parent Prayer Partners – A significant way that parents can help to enhance student life at Milligan is through prayer support.
- A list of prayer requests is e-mailed periodically to participants, who are asked to commit to pray regularly for Milligan students and faculty/staff (one day a month, one day a week, daily, or whatever schedule works best for you).
- Prayer requests may be submitted to email@example.com –- requests will be reviewed and edited before being distributed.
- We hope that many of you will join us as prayer partners as we seek God’s care, provision, and wisdom for our students and for the college.