Counseling Ministry Certificate
The program combines courses in Milligan’s Master of Science in Counseling (MSC) program with courses from Emmanuel Christian Seminary’s Christian care and counseling emphasis within its Master of Divinity program.
Students who complete this program will be prepared to work in churches, mission agencies and other settings in which informal counseling and support groups are often provided.
- Apply online OR submit a completed application form
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally-accredited college with an overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. Students are required to have completed General Psychology or a reasonable substitute before enrolling in the certificate.
- ALL college transcript(s) for both undergraduate and graduate work. Transcripts must be mailed by your college(s) directly to the Office of Graduate & Professional Studies.
- Two completed reference forms from persons who have adequate knowledge of your Christian commitment, character, and potential for academic and professional success.
- If you are an international applicant, please have your Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to Milligan’s Office of Graduate & Professional Studies. All international applicants must have taken the TOEFL within the last two years. You cannot be exempted from this requirement unless English is your native language, or you are a U.S. citizen, or you have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university.
- An interview with the MSC faculty admissions committee may be required.
Courses at Milligan College
Courses at Emmanuel Christian Seminary
*Elective courses from either institution may be taken to fulfill the elective requirements.