Your home away from home
Room Dimensions & Sample Floor Plan
Sutton Hall 10x17
Hart Hall 11x17
Web Hall 10x17
3. Shower Stall
4. Book Shelves
Other points of interest
Keys. The Residence Halls are locked from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday through Thursday, and 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., Friday and Saturday. Your room key will open the doors of your residence hall. Keys will be issued at the completion of check-in and must be returned at time of room check-out in the spring. Room keys may not be duplicated or given to other students.
Laundry. Laundry facilities are located on the lower levels of Hart, Sutton, Webb, and Williams. All washers and dryers use special debit cards that may be purchased from the campus Bookstore. Value may be added to the cards at anytime using the Wash Card machine in Sutton and Webb lobbies. If a machine malfunctions, put an out-of-order sign on it and notify the Business Office of the machine location and nature of problem.
Room Personalization Guidelines. The college will furnish each room/apartment with an appropriate number of single beds, mattresses, desks, dressers, chairs, and closets. Students must provide their own sheets, towels, and other furnishings. Do not bring a loft. All residence halls have beds that can be stacked into bunk beds if desired. (Pegs to secure the beds may be obtained from your RA.) Within certain guidelines, you are encouraged to make your room a comfortable living environment. You may bring plants, posters, chairs, small tables, etc.
Storage. Residents may utilize the limited residence hall storage rooms during the academic year and summer on a space-available basis in designated areas only. Students placing items in storage at the college do so at their own risk. Non-college furniture may not be stored on campus. Furniture or carpets may not be stored on campus.
Trash. All residents are responsible for the cleanliness of their own room and bathroom. All trash must be taken out regularly and deposited in a college trash dumpster - never leave trash in the hall. Scheduled room inspections are held monthly by the Residence Hall Staff to ensure proper health and safety standards are being maintained throughout the residence halls. Unscheduled room inspections are held as directed by the Residence Life Staff. A minimum of one unannounced inspection will be held each semester.
New student room requests arrive throughout the school year and are handled on a first come, first serve basis. Upperclassmen have the choice of rooms for the next year, so no assignments are made for new students before the end of the preceding semester. If your request comes in early enough, you will be notified as to which residence hall you have been assigned by the first week in July. However, due to last minute changes in students' plans, you may not be informed of your specific roommate until arriving on campus. If you have requested to room with a certain student, every effort will be made to honor that request, and that request will take priority over residence hall choice. In other words, if you wish to live with an acquaintance and there are no double rooms available in the residence hall you prefer, we will place you both in another hall if there is a double room available there.
Suggested Room Needs
Below is a listing of items you may need in your room. Please be aware that you may not remove any furniture from your assigned room. Please only bring items that will fit into your room. Rooms in Hart and Webb measure 11x17, and in Sutton Hall rooms are 10x17.
- Linens for bed and bathroom. Beds are standard length.
- Bedding: two blankets should be enough, depending upon your own personal need
- Bedspreads: you may want to plan your bedspreads with your roommate once here.
- Window curtains and bathroom curtains will need to be provided. You may want to wait and plan these with your roommate and suitemates once you are here.
Hart Hall windows : room 53”H x 41”W & bathroom 45”H x 32”W
Sutton Hall windows : room 60”W x 43 1/2”W & bathroom 42”H x 36”W
Webb Hall windows : room 55”H x 40”W & bathroom 43”H x 30”W
- Study lamp – each student has a desk with a top that measures approximately 3'4”W x 2'5”D with 3 shelves and 1 drawer.
- Cotton scatter rugs, room area carpet is permitted but may not be permanently installed.
- Luggage storage is limited, so do not plan to have excessive luggage. We suggest that you have only your seasonal clothing with you and when spring comes send your winter things home.
- A drying rack for clothes for each room is helpful. Laundry facilities are located in each residence hall. Ironing may be completed in the laundry area.
- Personal bathroom products and cleaning supplies
- Dust mop, dust cloth, broom, dustpan, and a mop for each room.
- Raincoat, umbrella, (unpredictable weather)
- Other small items may need to be purchased after your arrival, e.g. extension cords, pictures, etc.
- Window or room fan. Hart Hall is air conditioned.
- Refrigerator (2 cu.ft.) 1 per room; microwave ovens (700 watt maximum) 1 per room. These must be connected to a power strip with a self-contained circuit breaker. Indoor/Outdoor grills, hot plates and toasters are NOT permitted.
- Do not bring a loft. Beds in the dorms are of a newer construction and may be configured as twin beds or bunk beds.
NO tacks, tape, nails
YES sticky tack putty & 3M adhesive
NO candles, incense, simmering potpourri or plug-in deodorizers
YES extra-strength Lysol
NO removing furniture from your room
YES keeping your furniture in your room in working order
NO sliding new heavy desks across floors
YES carry desks with two people
NO pulling front desk drawer flap out or removing drawer divider
YES push front desk drawer flap in, if problems call x8734
NO alcohol containers, ads or obscene pictures
YES tasteful, appropriate and respectful décor
NO indoor/outdoor grills, hot plates or toasters
YES one microwave (700 watt maximum) per room plugged into a power strip
NO two refrigerators in one room
YES one refrigerator (max. 2 cu. ft.) per room plugged into a power strip
NO painting, wall papering or stenciling the walls
YES record any existing damage on your Dorm Occupancy & Clearance Form
**Please note that this is not an all-inclusive list. Question? Call 423.461.8735.**