Transfer Students Welcome!
Transfers choose Milligan because of our:
- Excellent academics
- Welcoming Christian community
- Small classes and personal attention
- Transfer scholarships and financial aid
- Assistance with admissions process
- Easy and comfortable transition
- Successful alumni
Who's a transfer?
Milligan considers transfer students if you meet the following criteria:
- Completed 24 or more college credit hours after high school graduation at the time of application to Milligan College
- Be in good standing at an accredited college or university
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Show evidence of Christian commitment and academic potential
Affordable: Transfer Scholarships
Milligan offers merit-based scholarships up to $8,250/year plus need-based grants up to $3,000/year for transfer students. You can also transfer your federal and state (including Tennessee Hope Scholarships) aid programs to Milligan. And we have a payment plan to help make budgeting easier for you and your family. Contact us to find out what you might qualify for.
Other College Credits
To graduate, you must complete 45 semester hours or more at Milligan, including the last three semesters before graduation. Send us your transcript(s) and our Registrar will review them and get you a free evaluation of what credits will transfer to Milligan. You can read more about our Transfer Credit Policy here.
Easy Community College Transition: Milligan maintains articulation agreements with several community colleges that will help you make a smooth transition when transferring to Milligan from a two-year institution. You can plan a program of study, starting with courses at your community college that then lead to a four-year degree from Milligan. Click here to learn more.
- Apply for admission
- Furnish transcripts of all previous college work (see Transfer Credit Policy)
- ACT or SAT-I scores and high school transcripts are not required if you have completed more than 24 college semester hours
- Applications for admission to Milligan are considered on a rolling basis, so early submission of application materials is strongly encouraged.
Free transcript review
Send us your transcript(s) and our Registrar will review them and get you a free evaluation of what credits will transfer to Milligan.
Non-Traditional Transfer Students
If you have at least two years of college and are a working adult, you might consider completing your bachelor’s degree in the evening or online through Milligan’s Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCP).
- Contact our Transfer Counselor or call 800.262.8337
- Apply at www.milligan.edu/apply
- Request transcripts and references
- Complete your FAFSA as soon after Jan. 1 as possible and have your results sent to Milligan (code: 003511)