An Affordable Difference
- Keep your job — classes meet one day a week + online
- Keep your life — complete in as few as 19 months
- Keep your money — our RN-BSN tuition is lowest in Northeast Tennessee
- Keep a support system — be part of a cohort group led by caring faculty
- Keep your cool — smooth admission process
- Keep your goals and dreams — our grads are highly recruited by employers
Accelerated RN-BSN Program
The accelerated RN-BSN is designed for working professionals. Courses are delivered through a combination of face-to-face, hybrid, and online techniques. Students are only required to be in class one day a week. The program can be completed in as few as 19 months. You can balance your life and earn your degree.
Preferred by Employers
The BSN degree is preferred by most nursing leaders and provides the best opportunities in today’s job market, including one of the highest starting salaries in any field. You’ll find that a BSN is a requirement for many positions. It is also the entry point for graduate studies, nurse practitioner, and nurse anesthetist programs.
The nursing faculty at Milligan are clinical experts in their particular practice areas. Their academic credentials, practical “real-world” experiences, continued professional development, and national professional certifications combine to provide a quality nursing education. Furthermore, they are dedicated to your academic, personal, and spiritual growth.
The baccalaureate program at Milligan College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
The baccalaureate program at Milligan College is approved by the Tennessee Board of Nursing (TBN).
- Be a graduate of an Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) accredited diploma or associate degree nursing program.
- Hold an unencumbered RN license from TN or a compact state.
- Good standing at previously attended institutions with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Transfer of a minimum of 27 hours of coursework, confirmed by official transcript(s), from a regionally accredited institution comprised of the following:
- English composition (3 hrs)
- Behavioral/social sciences (3 hrs)
- History, fine arts, philosophy, or literature (3 hrs)
- Speech communication (3 hrs)
- Anatomy and physiology with lab (8 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
- Introduction to microbiology (4 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
- Probability and statistics (3 hrs) (Grade of C or higher)
Getting Started: Personalized Degree Plan
We offer a free Personalized Degree Plan to determine exactly what you need and how long it will take you. If you’re currently working toward the 27 transferable hours, let us help you prepare to transfer to Milligan. We can help determine what courses you need and where you can obtain them. Contact Jenni Duran or call 423.461.8424.
Matriculation of a cohort of new students is contingent upon an adequate number of admitted applicants.
Tuition & Fees
Milligan’s Adult Degree Completion Programs are priced very competitively — often less even than public university. Our Student Financial Services Office will work with you individually every step of the way to help investigate all the options available for financing your education.
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||
|Technology Access Fee (per term)||
|Lifetime academic records fee (charged one time at the beginning of term one, covers transcripts, graduation fees, etc.)||
|Tuition (per semester hour)||
|NURS 302L: RN to BSN Health Assessment Lab||
|NURS 421: Nursing Leadership, Management and Professional Role Integration||
Students should also anticipate book expenses, estimated at an additional $500 per term. If you take additional courses at Milligan, you will be charged for these at the rate appropriate to that course.
Financial aid is available for degree completion students. Click here to learn more about the types of aid available and your payment options.