MS in Occupational Therapy

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How Long is the Program?
A. 2 ½ years. You have your first summer off, and the second summer is spent beginning your six months of clinical field work. So, you have 2 years of academic class work. It is 79 credit hours in length.

Q. What does the schedule look like during the class work portion?

A. Currently classes are held Monday through Thursday.

Q. How do I get Financial Aid?

A. Complete the FAFSA form as well as the Milligan College Financial Aid application. The FAFSA can be completed on line, and if you did not receive a copy of the MC Financial Aid App, you can download it from the Milligan website, under Student Life à Financial Services.

Q. What type of Financial Aid is available?
A. From Milligan, student loans are available (Please contact Student Financial Services directly with questions). There are outside sources for money, ie – obligate scholarships, also look at for a list of scholarships compiled by the American Occupational Therapy Association.

Q. What housing is available?
A. There is a possibility for an opening in MSA. The application can be found under Student Life à Residence Life on Milligan's website. Also, there are several apartments, and houses for rent in the tri-cities area.

Q. What about the Health Immunizations?
A. When you receive a Letter of Acceptance, there is a list of immunizations you must have, and an accompanying letter that will explain further. The first section must be completed and turned in prior to your first semester. A copy of your immunization records must be included or your form must be signed by your physician.

Q. Does Milligan Offer any Student Insurance?
A. We don't offer any through the school directly. However please visit for more information on their plans.

Q. What is the minimum GRE score required?
A. 1000 or higher

Q. What is the min GPA required?
A. 3.00 or higher

Q. How many MSOT / Doctoral OT programs are available in the Country?
A. There are almost 150 accredited programs in the country. There are only 5 accredited Doctoral programs. Currently you only need a master's degree to sit for the National Board of Occupational Therapy Exam to become a licensed therapist.

Q. What makes Milligan's program different?
A. Milligan's sense of community plays a big role in your education. Our class sizes are limited, so you can have one on one interaction. Another difference is our caring faculty and staff; they want to see you excel and grow, both academically and as a person.