Adult Degree Completion Program (ADCP)
Admission Policies & Financial Information
- Completion of fifty-two (52) or more semester hours, confirmed by official transcripts and evaluated by the Registrar’s Office
- At least 21 years of age at time of application
- Two years of documented full-time employment or its part-time equivalent
- Good standing at previously attended institutions with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (on 4.0 scale)
- Submission of two positive references-one character and one employer
- Acceptance of the lifestyle statement as evidenced by completing and signing the application form
- Submission of completed application and payment of the non-refundable application fee ($30)
The Admissions Committee has the option of admitting on academic probation any student with a cumulative GPA slightly below 2.0. Probationary status continues until the 2.0 is achieved. Failure to achieve the minimum grade point average by the end of the term may result in dismissal.
Confirmed admission to the group is granted on the date the enrollment confirmation form is received in the Office for Graduate and Professional Studies.
- At least one term of work must be completed at Milligan College before credit earned by testing will be recorded on the transcript.
- No credit by exam will be allowed after a student has finished two terms in the Milligan College ADCP program.
- A maximum of 32 semester hours can be earned by testing.
- A recording fee of $10.00 per hour will be charged.
A student who has withdrawn in good social and academic standing should address a letter to the Director of Adult Degree Completion Programs requesting permission for readmission. A student who has been academically or socially dismissed may reapply for readmission by observing the following procedure:
- The student’s letter requesting readmission shall be addressed to the director of adult degree completion programs
- The director will examine, in consultation with the registrar, the student’s original academic records and any courses completed since the suspension
- Social dismissal is reviewed with the vice president for student development
- If there is reason to believe that the student will profit from another opportunity to do college work, he/she will be permitted to enroll with probationary status following at least one ADCP term out of class.
- In the event that it is necessary to suspend the student a second time, he or she will not be eligible to apply for readmission.
Second Bachelor’s Degree
A student who holds the bachelor’s degree in another field may elect to earn a second bachelor’s degree in order to have a major in business administration. Students seeking a second degree must complete all forty-eight semester hours in the major at Milligan College and meet all the college’s general education requirements (see General Education Requirements). Students who seek a second bachelor’s degree may be eligible for financial aid. Questions regarding financial aid for a second degree are directed to the Financial Aid Office (423.461.8949 or 800.447.4880).
Tuition and Fees
|Application fee (non-refundable)||$30|
|Tuition per semester hour||$285|
|Lifetime academic records fee
(charged in first term only)
|Technology access fee (per term)||$90|
Students who must complete courses in addition to the major may register for additional courses at Milligan College. Tuition charges are based upon the current rate multiplied by the number of credit hours attached to the course(s).
All students who use tuition reimbursement from their employer to pay their tuition must present a letter from the employer stating the company’s reimbursement policy and the employee’s eligibility. Milligan College will work with the student and the employer and does not require tuition payment in advance.
Institutional scholarships are not available for students pursuing the ADCP Business Administration major. ADCP students are eligible to apply for state and federal tuition assistance programs, for employer reimbursement when applicable, and any other scholarship programs.